Month: February 2020
Animal of the Week
Our animal of the week is ….. Roddy, our handsome ram.
•Roddy is our handsome Texel ram here at Acorn Farm.
•He is 4 years old.
•He loves to make lots of noise.
Did you know?
– Texel sheep have no wool on their heads or their legs.
– They a breed of domestic sheep from the Netherlands.
– They are usually a white/brown colour.
– There breed size is usually medium to large.
– Texel sheep are strong and hardy.
Every weekend in February we will have our small animal petting sessions taking place between 11:00am and 3:00pm every half an hour, except 1:30pm. As well as our petting sessions we will have our horse rides taking place between 1:30pm and 3:00pm. Please remember to purchase your tickets when paying for entry onto the farm.